 |
| Sarah and Jon at Torrey Pines State Park |
We had our first visitors this past week! Sarah Romberg and Jon Gibson, two of our good friends from Chicago, came to visit us for a week. Mike went to Purdue with both of them and I got to know them as Mike and I were dating. They are a few of our favorite people and we were very excited to have them out in Cali with us.
Sarah and Jon arrived late Wednesday night and stayed until the following Wednesday. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take off any time from work (or rather, I didn't feel like I should ask for any time off yet) so Mike was responsible for the majority of tour guide duties. Thursday the group headed out to take in a few beaches. They started out at the infamous Laguna Beach followed up by Thousand Steps beach, a nifty, secluded little beach that requires you to tackle what feels like 1,000 stairs before you can reach it. I've been told the trek is definitely worth the exhaustion, though, and is a gorgeous tucked away spot full of great photo opportunities. The group was able to spot a few starfish in the tide pools here and Jon was taken out by a gigantic wave at one point, as well. Luckily, he survived and was only a tad bit wet after :) Regrettably, Sarah has the only photographic evidence of this event. I have yet to visit this beach but hope to get the chance in the near future. Lunch followed at a waterside restaurant in Newport Beach. I met up with the group that evening at home for dinner (we made Susanna's spicy fettuccine recipe- yum!) and had a relaxing evening catching up.
 |
Santa Monica Pier with a shot of the back of Jon's head |
Friday consisted of exploring Santa Monica Beach, Muscle Beach, and Venice Beach with lunch at the one and only "In and Out Burger". The group's consensus was that Venice Beach was a little on the sketchy side; homeless vendors spotted the beach selling trinkets. Luckily, Mike was talked out of buying any "up and coming" rap artist's CD. THANK YOU, Jon! Friday night was spent grilling out, having a pre-birthday birthday celebration for Jon, and soaking our feet in the hot tub. We made it out to a few of the local bars in downtown Orange that night with some additional friends and had a couple of drinks mixed in with a little dancing and ended the night with a game of "Guesstures" back at home. It was a good end to the week!
No comments:
Post a Comment