
The blog got a little face-lift compliments of Mike. It's looking much prettier, I must say. Good job, love!
The following Saturday after Sarah and Jon left, Mike's parents and sister (also named Mandy Marie...eerie, isn't it?) arrived in Orange from Ossian, Indiana. They rented a condo in Oceanside, California which is approximately an hour south from where Mike and I live. Mike and I went to stay with them initially in Oceanside on Saturday night and then I headed back to Orange on Sunday. Mike was scheduled to work the next few days so he stayed in Oceanside with his family to save time on his commute (Oceanside is only half an hour from Mike's hospital in Poway). I had a nice time with the McAfee's on Saturday and Sunday walking the beach and the pier with Rose (my mother-in-law), going out to dinner, relaxing by the pool, and catching up with all of them. Mandy and Rose introduced me to the game "Draw Something" on the iPhone and I discovered how truly terrible I am at art (I stuck to my "Words with Friends" game after that).
I had to head back to Orange Sunday night since I was back to work on Monday but the rest of the family was able to do some fun things during their week off. They took a scenic train ride down the Atlantic coast to San Diego and then to the Mexican border one day. On Thursday they headed to Carson City to be in the audience for "Wheel of Fortune". It turned out to be a long day; they schedule 3 game shows during the afternoon taping of a show! Friday was filled with touring Hollywood and Beverly Hills with their tour guide "Danny Ray". Apparently, Danny knows a lot of big shots in Hollywood, I'm told. Mike and Rose decided they should be friends on facebook with him immediately. Dave (Mike's dad) discovered that the stars of one of his favorite shows "Storage Wars" has a thrift store/ consignment shop only 3 miles from our apartment. Friday morning he was able to see the store and meet Jarrod's sister who helps run the shop called "Now and Then".
Friday night the family had to check out of their condo and came to stay at our apartment. We grilled out in the patio area of the apartment and sat and chatted the night away before coming inside and watching the movie "Awake". Saturday didn't leave much time before the family had to take off for their flight home. We were able to have a home cooked breakfast together and then lay poolside for awhile before finishing our day with lunch at Olive Garden. Mike and I enjoyed our time with his family and felt more at home here in California having their familiar faces around. We hope we can see them again soon.
I admittedly didn't take any pictures. All of the pictures from this post were stolen from Rose...with her permission, of course. Enjoy!
![]() |
| Pretty Mandy by the sunset |
![]() |
| Overlooking Hollywood Hills |
![]() |
| At the condo, all of us engrossed in our games. |
![]() |
| A celebrity's house...not sure who's... |
![]() |
| Wheel of Fortune Studio |
![]() |
| One of the squares in the Walk of Fame. Look how tiny her hands and feet are! |










No comments:
Post a Comment