Sunday, February 19, 2012

Apartment Living



We are all moved into our apartment now and are feeling pretty settled after this weekend.  We moved in on February 10th.  The rental furniture was delivered that morning and Mike moved in the majority of our stuff- which essentially was only a car-full of clothes and our computers.  The apartment is about half the size of our house in Indianapolis but feels four times the size of our previous hotel accommodations.  It's the perfect size for the two of us.  And the complex has some nice perks, too including 2 pools and hot tubs, a nice sized gym, a racquetball court, and a club room with cable TV (cable TV could come in handy...).  We are across the street from several shopping centers and a mall and close to two highway access points which is also nice.  No complaints here.

The apartment looked pretty sparse even with all of our things and the furniture moved in.  Our generous friends, Aubrey and Josiah (the ones we met at our small group bible study), offered to come over and bring some extra decorations and household items they had for us to borrow.  We set those up and then made a few runs to Homegoods, Ikea, Target and the $.99 Store to fill in the rest.  The apartment is feeling like a home now.

Outside of moving into a new place there hasn't been a lot of news to report.  Both of our jobs are going well.  After this week I should be at full capacity for my client caseload and I am feeling more comfortable and familiar with the traveling aspect of the job.  I am also really enjoying all of the families I serve and have some nice challenging cases, too, which keeps me motivated and on my toes.  Mike has adjusted to the drive for his job as well as the paperwork, procedures, and staff he works with.  He also signed on with a local nursing agency in Orange to allow him to pick up random shifts here and there as desired.  His schedule will at times give him 5-7 days off at a time so those will be opportune times to make a few extra dollars.

This week we have two of our good friends, Jon and Sarah, from Chicago coming to visit.  They will be here for a week and we are looking forward to exploring more of the area together, catching up with them and celebrating Jon's birthday!  The week after that Mike's parents and sister will be here.  We're excited to see some familiar faces and show all of them around.

Below are a few pictures of our new place.  Happy Sunday!
Open floor plan- you can see the living room, kitchen and dining room
all in this picture.

Dining room

Living room with doors to our outdoor patio (which is empty)

Mike and I like the fun arch between the dining room
and living room.  It's the little things in life, right?


Our new TV! We put it on our bedroom dresser instead of
buying a TV stand- one less purchase to make!



Our bedroom.
A fun, removable AND reusable wall decal
I found.

The curtains that are too short for our window but Mike
insisted they looked fine and I was tired of shopping.
The "desk" we made out of floating shelves that Aubrey and
Josiah lent us.





I've never had granite countertops before. Me likey.
ANNNNNDDDDD...the LAUNDRY ROOM!
The selling point to this place




Bathroom


A random picture Mike took on his drive to work. Pretty, pretty.





Trying out a local sports bar with Aubrey and Josiah. They
had beer pong here :) Mike was in heaven.



5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are settling in so well. The apartment looks quite amazing!!! :)
    I also love the archway- and it's nice to have your own washer and dryer, that was the selling point for my apt as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apartment looks great! We are looking forward in seeing it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool place you two! Really glad I was able to read up on what has been going on so far! Miss you's already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks GREAT! I love the tree decal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your apartment is beautiful! I bet you are so thrilled to be settled in to your own place. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete