Monday, July 18, 2011

Orientation, Raccoons, and McDonald's Free Wi-Fi

Hello my fellow blog stalkers! This is my first attempt writing in our blog... quick recap, I have taken a short travel assignment in Munster, IN near Chicago at Community Hospital with my new agency IPI and thanks to the help of Mandy and craigslist I am now renting out a random room in South Hammond for the next ten weeks! Alright, now you are caught up....

So I believe the purpose of this blog is not to share every single detail of our lives while we attempt this engagement, marriage, travel health care experiment (that's what facebook is for!) but to share our favorite highlights and thoughts as we go along with this crazy adventure! Believe me, this is a crazy adventure...if you had talked to me 2 weeks ago, I would not have predicted I would be writing to you now from a McDonald's in "The Region" of Indiana taking advantage of the free internet because I am too cheap to pay for it and getting ready for my second day of orientation! But yet, here I sit after already finishing my 2nd large Coke Zero and typing to you my thoughts while riding out this caffeine high.
Anyways, before I type a thousand words without saying anything really important, I should say that initial reaction to my first travel assignment is a good one. South Hammond might be a little rough around the edges and I also might have a family of raccoons hanging outside my bedroom window, but I do really like the hospital and I feel I will have a good experience here. I'm bummed that Mandy is still in Indy for this first assignment, but it also makes me more excited for January when we start traveling together!

Well...McDonald's is closing and that means I'm losing internet for the night. So I'll put a close to tonights post and let you stalk someone else for awhile! ;) Talk to you soon -Mike

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, a blog for you two eh? I like it! :) I'll definitely be following along on your adventures! And good luck on your new nursing assignment, Mike-hope you will enjoy it and learn a lot.

    ReplyDelete