Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Feliz Cumpleanos A Mi!

I recently celebrated my 31st birthday.  My mom insisted that we have an early birthday dinner together while I was in Fort Wayne.  She always makes my siblings and me a meal of our choice with a birthday dessert on our birthdays (when we are in town).  This year I wanted some down home, mid-west comfort food so my mom made a pot roast, a cheesy hashbrown casserole, broccoli, salad, rolls (my younger sister, Juli, actually made these and they were the BOMB), and a red velvet birthday cake with cookies and cream ice cream.  I'm spoiled :)
 

 
My birthday feast with Rachael and Juli (hiding in the background)

My mom blowing in a party favor.

The "Celebrate" plate my mom has had FOREVER and uses for any special occasion.
 I flew back to Houston on Saturday morning and got to spend the evening celebrating my birthday with my hubby and friends.  We started the night off with chips and guacamole, margaritas, and playing a new game called "Imagine-Iff".  We walked to a nearby Mexican restaurant for dinner where I split steak fajitas with Mike that were absolutely perfect and then headed over to "Broadway in a Box" where we watched a musical comedy show performed by amazingly talented singers/ performers. They performed a variety of Broadway show hits with some comedic flare added in here and there.  It was a very unique show and I loved it! I wanted to do something a little different for my birthday and this was the perfect fit.  We ended the night at a neighborhood bar where Sarah and I performed our first ever karaoke (well, first ever for me, anyways).  I think I will forever cringe when I hear Shania Twain's "Any Man of Mine" from now on.


Sarah and I before karaoke

Mike, Jon, and Sarah

A blurry group photo before the night came to a close.
 
I had a great birthday and felt so loved and blessed to be surrounded by people that I love.  I'm looking forward to this new year of life!

Adorable little Mae Mobley

Mae Mo says hello

No comments:

Post a Comment