Thursday, January 12, 2012

The First Week (almost)

Hello! I think this might be a first that we are writing two days in a row. I don't know if you should get used to this but we will try our best haha. This is Mike, if you could not tell and, much like my past blogs, I am writing to you from Panera. This must be my place for inspiration. Anyways, California has been a blast so far and both Mandy and I have had a great first week visiting some beaches and driving through Hollywood and Beverly Hills. I'll post a few of those pictures later, but I probably should mention why I have had so much time to sightsee. It has been a crazy week with the job. (This will be my attempt at making a long story short) So apparently the lady who interviewed me and offered me the job on Thursday forgot to mention she hired me to whatever person is in charge of her and when my agency contacted that person that person had no idea that I was hired and so the confusion started and has been going on for a few days now and leaving me all this wonderful time to sightsee *no punctuation and sarcasm intended* Well in any case, I hope that this will get cleared up and I can start working soon. If it has not been cleared up, there will probably be another blog with a much different tone next week. Alright back to more fun topics and conversations....
Santa Monica Beach and Pier with hills in background
So we are closing in on almost a week of being here in California and we have already been to Huntington Beach, Santa Monica Beach (Baywatch!), Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and downtown Los Angeles. All these areas were great, and I am sure as we find more free days we will have to dedicate more time to all of these places. When we are not visiting the standard tourist traps, we find ourselves hanging out at the extended stay where I am amazed that Mandy has been able to handle living in such close quarters with me. I am pretty sure this is a testament of her love for me :) With having quite a bit of time to kill at the apartment, we have slowly turned our very small studio room into a very functional living area not to mention we are becoming quite skilled in microwavable dinners. I almost feel like I am in college again except Mandy keeps everything much cleaner. Joking aside, the whole experience so far has been great for the both of us, and while I am sure we will eventually get a place with  a little more space, I have enjoyed the close proximity and time I have been able to spend with my significant other (except now as she is looking over my shoulder and correcting my typing and grammar). Well I am probably going to wrap up here since Panera is closing shop, but thanks again for keeping tabs on us and one of us will talk to you soon I am sure. Take care everyone! -Mike

Enjoy some of this weeks pictures below!
You can never be too prepared!



BEVERY HILLS

I heard about this street on a movie so I took a picture

Mandy at Huntington Beach

Santa Monica Bay off the Pier
Our hotel toilet. Notice the name and
insert the humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment